- I’m lucky enough to get local pears from my neigbor’s tree but you can make this recipe with organic store-bought pears. It’s soooo good warm for dessert or over pancakes for breakfast. Bonus: it makes your home smell amazing! Enjoy!
- 8-10 pears; cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more depending on preference)
- Combine pears, water, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pears have softened, about 25-30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the pear sauce until smooth. If you prefer a chunky pear sauce, mash with a potato masher. You can also transfer the cooked pear mixture to a food processor or blender to process, just make sure the pears have cooled.
- That’s it! Cool, cover and store in the refrigerator. The pear sauce will keep in the fridge for one week. You can also freeze it for 3-4 months.