For many of us the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year. However, that joy can quickly turn into stress, fatigue, overeating, poor sleep, illness, etc. To help you stay healthy and sane during this season of joy, try these 10 tips for holiday success:
- Stay hydrated
- Practice yoga or other gentle exercise such as walking
- Clean less. Celebrate and play more!
- Say no when something doesn’t serve you
- Take a night off and snuggle up by the fire with a warm cup of herbal tea
- Participate in party meal planning or bring a dish to share
- Choose naturally sweetened treats or skip dessert
- Red wine in moderation offers antioxidant protection
- Ask for help. You do not have to do everything yourself
- Simplify and let your favorite traditions bring you joy
Happy healthy holidays!