Say what? Pomegranate seeds in guacamole? Yup, and man is it delicious! Why use pomegranate seeds? These little jewels have myriad health benefits including fighting cancer, lowering blood pressure, improving heart health, boosting memory and reducing arthritis and joint pain. What’s not to love about something that’s good and good for you!
I love to make this recipe during the holiday season when pomegranates are plentiful at my local market. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ medium red onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium organic pomegranate, deseeded (about 1 cup worth of pomegranate seeds)
- With a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice, garlic and salt. Mash the ingredients together until the avocado is creamy.
- Add the onion and cilantro to the bowl and mix well. Gently stir in ½ of the pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle remaining pomegranate seeds over guacamole, along with some additional chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Until next time, make every bite count!